New Arduino Pro IDE
Alpha preview with advanced features
The Rome Maker Faire is back on track, which also means another release of Arduino!
This year that's an Alpha version of the new programming environment!
The simplicity of the Arduino IDE makes it one of the most popular programming environments in the world.
It's easy enough for beginners and works fast enough for advanced users.
Millions of users work daily with the tool to program projects and applications.
Following feedback, Arduino has decided that it is time for a new, improved version, with features that appeal to the more advanced developers. This with the preservation of the simple, classic IDE that all users are familiar with.
The Alpha version of the new Arduino Pro IDE can now be downloaded here.
Main New Features:
- Modern, fully functional development environment
- Dual mode, Classic mode (identical to the Classic Arduino IDE) and Pro mode (File System display)
- New Board Manager
- New Library Manager
- Board list
- Standard automatic completion (ARM Targets only)
- Git Interpardon
- Serial Monitor
- Dark Mode
Features to be added soon:
- Sketch synchronization with the Arduino Create Editor
- Fully open for third-party plug-ins
- Support for languages other than C ++