IR Break Beam Sensor - 5mm LEDs
€6,57 /€6,57 excl. VAT
1 in stock (can be backordered)
- Free shipping from € 74,95 NL. (€ 99,95 BE / DE)
- Ordered before 16:00 tomorrow at home
- Express ordered before 11:00 am tonight at home*
- 14 days free return *
- Can also be collected from us in Leusden!
Description IR Break Beam Sensor - 5mm LEDs
Infrared (IR) Break-Beam Sensors are an easy way to detect motion. The sensor consists of two parts. One emitter side that emits IR light that is invisible to humans and a receiver that detects this light. When something passes between the two modules, the signal is lost. Note if the object is transparent and transmits IR light, the object may not be detected.
Compared to a PIR sensor, Break-Beam sensors are faster. In addition, you have better control of where the movement should be detected.
This is the 5mm IR version. It works up to 50 cm. You can turn it on with 3,3V or 5V, but with 5V you will get a better range. The receiver is open collector transistor output. This means that you need a resistor if you want to read a digital signal from the signal wire. Most microcontrollers have the ability to enable a built-in pull resistor. If you don't, connect a 10K resistor between the receiver's white wire and the red wire.
Specifications IR Break Beam Sensor
- Detection Distance: Approx. 50cm
- POWERSPAGE: 3.3 - 5.5VDC
- Emitter Current Draw: 10mA @ 3.3V, 20MA @ 5V
- Receiver output current capacity: 100mA
- Transmitter / receiver LED angle: 10 °
- Response time: <2 ms
- Dimensions: 20 mm x 10 mm x 8 mm
- Cable length: 250 mm
- Weight (of each half): 3G